Hatboro property owners who incurred damage related to Hurricane Sandy's wrath can at least cross one expense from their list.
On Monday night, the Hatboro Borough Council unanimously approved a resolution to waive permitting fees for storm-related damage dealt from last month's super storm, which downed trees and power lines and knocked out power to thousands throughout the region.
Typically, property owners would need to apply for - and pay fees - for borough permits allowing for the removal of trees, fences and other structures, Council President John Zygmont said.
"We’re waiving the fees to let the homeowners get back to doing everything quick," Zygmont said.
Under the resolution, storm-related repairs would still need a permit application and photographs. In order for the fees to be waived, the area would need to be restored to "as close as practical" to the condition prior to the storm.
"Any changes made from the original design during reconstruction would then require a permit and the normally charged fee," according to the resolution.
The fee waiver is in place through Nov. 30. Requests must be approved by Acting Borough Manager Fred Zollers.
Assistant Borough Secretary Diane Hegele said she knows of two borough homes with structural damage stemming from the wind and downed trees.