Robert S. Smolenski, 25, of Hatboro, was arrested on July 3 at 12:27 p.m. and charged with aggravated assault, simple assault, harassment, and disorderly conduct, after officers responded to a disturbance in the 400 block of North York Road.
Police said he punched a 47-year-old Hatboro woman in the head several times during an argument, and then assaulted a 67-year-old Warminster man in the same manner when he tried to intervene to protect the woman. The Warminster man was treated at Abington Memorial Hospital for bruises to his face and head. The Hatboro woman was hospitalized for several days for a broken jaw, broken orbital, broken/missing teeth, brain trauma, and back pain. Smolenski was arraigned before District Justice Cathleen Rebar of Collegeville and was incarcerated at the Montgomery County Correctional Facility on $125,000 cash bail. All the subjects involved in this incident knew each other.
Howard H. McConnell III, 59, of Hatboro, was arrested on Sunday at 8:30 a.m. after officers responded to a disturbance in the 400 block of Jacksonville Road. McConnell was arrested on active district court bench warrants for failure to pay fines from citations issued by the Upper Moreland Police Department. He was released to the custody of state constables and the Upper Moreland Township Police Department.
On Friday between 10:30 a.m. and 10:40 a.m., someone stole a green Trek 930 men’s mountain bike that was left unlocked in the 100 block of South York Road. The bicycle has an estimated replacement value of $300.
Max Lagdao, 29, of Hatboro, was arrested on Friday at approximately 1:36 a.m. and charged with simple assault, recklessly endangering another person, harassment, and disorderly conduct after officers responded to a disturbance in the 100 block of East Moreland Avenue. Police said Lagdao allegedly head-butted a 21-year-old Hatboro woman several times causing moderate bruising/swelling to her face. He was arraigned by District Justice Paul Leo and was incarcerated in the Montgomery County Correctional Facility when he failed to post the required $5,000 cash bail.
- On Thursday the owner of a 2004 Subaru WRX Impreza reported someone scratched his car several times while it was parked in a parking lot on Hatters Court. An estimate of the cost to repair the damage is not available.
- On July 9 the owner of a 2006 Toyota Tacoma truck that was parked on Park Avenue reported his vehicle sustained two large dents on the roof and a cracked windshield by unknown means. An estimate of the cost to repair the damage is not available.
- Megan L. Sonderschafer, 23, of Willow Grove was arrested on Wednesday, at 9:19 p.m. and charged with driving under the influence and related traffic offenses when officers investigated a three-vehicle crash at the intersection of County Line and York Roads.
- Caleb A. Olshansky, 26, of Willow Grove, was arrested on July 8 at 12:23 a.m. and charged with driving under the influence and related traffic offenses when officers investigated a two-vehicle crash on County Line Road near Jacksonville Road.
- Javier Perez, 22, of Hatboro, was arrested on July 4 at 3:15 a.m. and charged with driving under the influence and related traffic offenses when officers investigated a one-vehicle crash involving a utility pole in the 400 block of North York Road.
On July 8, at 3:25 p.m., officers investigated a fight that occurred in Eaton Park on West Moreland Avenue. As a result of the investigation, a 14-year-old Warminster boy was cited for harassment and disorderly conduct. The victim, a 14-year-old Horsham boy, did not sustain any serious injuries and did not require medical treatment.
On July 7, at 6:57 a.m., officers investigated a burglary attempt at a commercial business in the 400 block of Jacksonville Road. Investigation revealed that overnight someone unsuccessfully attempted to pry open a rear door at the business. Entry to the building was not gained and nothing was reported missing.
Clifford J. Schmider, 18, of Hatboro, was arrested on July 6 at 12:46 a.m. and cited for public drunkenness, disorderly conduct, and underage drinking after police said he was found intoxicated and bleeding. Police said Schmider ran across York Road at Lehman Avenue in front of a police car on patrol. His hands were reportedly injured and bleeding from punching things. Medical treatment was rendered and his hands were bandaged, but while in custody, he removed his bandages and smeared blood throughout the police car and on the walls in the confinement cell.
Borough ordinance (soliciting)
Keith R. Anderson, 58, of Philadelphia, and James L. Robinson, 28, of Philadelphia, were arrested on July 5, at 6:06 p.m. and cited for soliciting without a permit when they were found soliciting for electric companies in the 300 block of North York Road.
On July 5, a resident in the 50 block of West Lehman Avenue reported items missing from their home. Investigation revealed someone entered the home between 10 a.m. and noon, likely through an open window, and stole a small amount of jewelry and two cell phones. The total financial loss from the incident is not available.
Public drunkenness/disorderly conduct
- Cory R. Howard, 29, of Castle Hayne, N.C., was arrested on July 4, at 3:27 a.m., and cited for public drunkenness and disorderly conduct when officers investigated reports of a disturbance involving a subject screaming and yelling profanity in a parking lot in Yorkshire Way.
- Michel B. Passarella, 33, of North Wales, was arrested on July 4 at 1:08 a.m. and cited for public drunkenness and disorderly conduct when officers investigated reports of a suspicious person in the 40 block of Home Road.