All My Sons will by our 3rd production of the season and will be directed by Bob DeMarco. It’s written by Arthur Miller (Death of a Salesman, The Crucible) and requires 6 men and 4 women.
(Drama) This play received the New York Drama Critics Circle Award for Best Play.
During the war Joe Keller and Herbert Deever ran a machine shop which made airplane parts. Deever was sent to prison because the firm turned out defective parts, causing the deaths of many men. Keller went free and made a lot of money. The twin shadows of this catastrophe and the fact that the young Keller son was reported missing during the war dominate the action. The love affair of Chris Keller and Ann Deever, the bitterness of George Deever returned from the war to find his father in prison and his father’s partner free, are all set in a structure of almost unbearable power. The climax showing the reaction of a son to his guilty father is fitting conclusion to a play electrifying in its intensity.
- Monday 01/14 at 7:30pm
- Tuesday 01/15 at 7:30pm
We are looking for 1 male 50-60′s, 1 female 50-60′s, 2 males 20′s early 30′s, 2 females 20′s or early 30′s, 1 male 40′s or 50′s, 1 female 40′s or 50′s, 1 male 30′s and a young male or female around 10-12 or a young adult female who can play a young boy or young girl.
- Joe Keller – male age 50-60
- Kate Keller female age 50-60 Joe’s wife and Chris’s mom
- Chris Keller – male age late 20′s early 30′s son
- Ann Deever – female, 20′s or 30′s Chris’s somewhat girlfriend
- George Deever – George, 20′s early 30′s, Lawyer and son of Joe’s partner, around Chris’s age
- Jim Bayliss – Jim is a successful doctor,40′s or 50′s
- Sue Bayliss – Sue is Jim’s wife: 40′s or 50′s
- Frank Lubey – Frank, 30′s married to Lydia
- Lydia Lubey – Lydia, 20′s or 30′s, married to Frank
- Bert – Bert is a little boy who lives in the neighborhood
Show dates will be March (2013) 8, 9, 10, 15, 16, 17, 22, 23
No Experience Needed! All are welcome.