With all of the tree trimming, cookie baking and partygoing, there is so much to do during the holidays that it's easy to leave shopping for Christmas presents until the last minute. But by then, the malls and chain stores are usually chaotic and the mere thought of battling crowds is exhausting.
Here are some ideas for easy gifts that can be bought locally and require little stress:
- Go to The All Things Shoppe, or Mr. Jim's and pick out some antiques, or other unique home decor items for some of the folks on your shopping list.
- Go to LeRoy's Flowers for festive, holiday-inspired bouquets, or wreaths with candles that would make nice centerpieces for a friend or neighbor’s Christmas dinner table.
- Go to The Original Book Swap and pick out a few fun titles for the children in your family, or your kids' friends.
- Go to Lochel's Bakery and order a festive cake or box of cookies that would be a delicious complement to holiday dinners. Or, go to Stutz Candies for chocolates or butter cream treats.
- Go to Knuckleball Sport Cards and pick up fan gear for the sports-lover in your life.
- Go to Special-T-Logo for embroidered clothing that makes for a simple, yet personal gift.
- Go to In Good Hands Salon and Spa, or Polished Nail Bar and Hair Salon and give someone in your life who needs a little relaxation a gift certificate for a manicure, pedicure or spa treatment.
Tell us: What are some of your own last-minute gift ideas? Share in the comments below.