With locations in Abington, Perkiomenville and Conshohocken, the Montgomery County Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SPCA) offers much more than your basic cat and dog.
The shelters also offer a variety of small pets, such as birds, mice and rats. Though Easter is over, the facilities are each holding fluffy bunny rabbits, which are up for adoption.
Take a look at the gallery above to see some of the rabbits available for adoption. Those that wish to adopt, must come to the facility in person. The adopter must agree to a contract that includes three main promises:
- To provide proper veterinary care.
- To have the animal spayed/neutered.
- To return the adopted pet to the SPCA if you are unable to keep it.
Fees to adopt a rabbit are only $5. For more on the three locations operated in the county, see the listings below
- 19 E. Ridge Pike, Conshohocken, 610-825-0111
- 1006 Edge Hill Road, Abington, 215-886-8802
- 1059 Sweisford Road, Perkiomenville, 610-754-7822
For more information on available animals, visit the Montgomery County's SPCA Web site here.