The race for State Representative in the 152nd District pins newcomer Ronald Kolla against Thomas Murt. These politicians are responsible for the districts that include: UM, Lower Moreland, Bryn Athyn, Hatboro, Horsham and Upper Dublin.
- Lifelong resident of Montgomery County
- Served as a State Rep. for the last five years
- Former Upper Moreland School Board Director
- Served on Board of Commissioners in UM for 10 years
- Resides in Montgomery County
- Church organist for St. Catherine of Siena, St. Joseph and St. Alphonsus Churches
- Musical theater instructor and director in Hatboro-Horsham School District and Upper Dublin Parks and Recreation.
One of Murt’s main focal points during his term has been his work with disabled veterans, and he’s stated he hopes to continue putting legislation into action to help those veterans. Another issue of Murt’s has been Marcellus Share Drilling, which Kolla has already challenged him on.
Both candidates have said education will be a primary focus if elected in 2012. About two weeks ago, Gov. Ed Rendell was in Hatboro campaigning for Kolla.