- Organization: Hatboro-Horsham High School Black Student Union
- Causes: Educational, Kids
- Date(s): Through March 13 to donate new or gently used children's books.
With February recognized as Black History Month, the Hatboro-Horsham High School Black Student Union will undertake a children’s book collection drive that will run from Feb. 13 through March 13.
Students will be accepting books for all ages. Remember books are gifts that can be opened again and again. Books will be distributed to various children's facilities, daycare and community centers.
With the closing of multiple libraries in the Philadelphia area, this will be very beneficial for hundreds of families. Drop off boxes will be located in and around the high school main office, second floor in front of the library and upstairs in the ninth-grade academy. Please take a look at the following suggested guidelines below:
- New or gently used board books or books for children under 5 years of age
- New or gently-used books up to an eighth-grade reading level
- Books can be culturally diverse - written in any language